AN UNIQUE EXPERIENCE FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
Explore the fascinating, impressive and perhaps a little scary mines that miners have made by hand. In the mines, the temperature is 8 ° C all year round, so remember warm clothes – even if its warm and the sun is shining.
You can explore a total of 4 km. of mines of which the 2 km. have light. You are welcome to go exploring on your own outside the trails with light, however, it is at your own risk and it is a good idea to bring a flashlight. Your dog is also very welcome, but it must be kept on a leash during the entire visit.
Other things to do in Mønsted Kalkgruber:
- KALKVÆRKET (the old plant), a listed building where you can get an insight into how the lime has been processed and the people who worked at the plant.
- EXHIBITION ABOUT THE BATS that overwinter in the pits from August until April, where they fly out and may visit your garden.
- THE NATURE in the area, which is NATURA 2000 and therefore is specially protected
- THE MUSEUM where you can get an insight into Mønsted Kalkgruber’s history, and not least the people who have worked here and created the place.
- Our BAT PLAYGROUND, where children can play on figures of the various bats that overwinter in the pits.
OPENING HOURS 2022
June 25 – August 31 Every day 10-17
September 1 – October 23 Every day 10-16